Systematic Identification of High Crash Locations
Friday, November 10, 2000, 3:30 PM
- Reg, Zach, Ali, and Raj met to review the current project status.
- Zach and Reg will re-examine the accuracy of the identified curves in the
Story County through visual inspections. The most accurate ones will be used
in re-establishment of the curve radius and length/crash rate relationships.
Currently, our findings are somewhat different from the existing findings.
- Reg or Zach will document the strategy that we discussed for identifying
the best ranking procedure for high crash curves (i.e., "all-crash", "non-intersection",
and "some-intersection" cases). Raj will conduct the analysis based on the
- Raj is currently checking the identified statewide curves to make sure that
based on our curve selection criteria (officers' indications of curve crashes
in the reports) all curves are included.
- Ali will contact Aemal and the Statistic Department to confirm our fixed-object
statistical analysis results.
- Ali will generate average observed crash rate with respect to the selected
driver and roadway characteristics and compare those against the Iowa DOT
average statewide crash rates.
- Ali will try to complete the final report by December 15, 2000.