Systematic Identification of High Crash Locations
Thursday, September 21, 2000, 2:30 PM
- Reg, Zach, Ali, and Raj met to review the project status.
- Zach will confirm with Tom Welch regarding the formats for presenting results
of intersections and 4-lane undivided study topics.
- Zach will document the procedures for the two aforementioned study topics.
- Ali will redo the fix-object ranking after eliminating intersections from
- Raj will conduct regression analyses on only default (0 meter buffer) curves
using degree, length, and degree and length as independent variables. The
analyses will be conducted for all identified Story County curves.
A table will be prepared to include ID, radius, degree, length, crash #, VMT,
crash rate of each curve. Raj will document the objective and methodology
of the process.
- 25 and 50 meter curve analyses were ruled out for now. Raj will analyze
the 25 and 50 meter curves as part of his thesis.