Recently completed research
Below is a list of projects that were completed since summer of 2007. All links will take you out of this newsletter site. Each project page includes a link to the final report.
Sections of Piles 6 and 7 removed. From the Investigation of Steel Stringer Bridges: Substructures and Superstructures (TR-522) project.
- Investigation of Steel Stringer Bridges: Substructures and Superstructures (TR-522)
- Field Evaluation of Timber Preservation Treatments for Iowa Highway Applications (IHRB-05-10)
- Development of Performance Properties of Ternary Mixes, Phase 1
- Concrete Pavement Surface Characteristics (Proj. 15, Part 2)
- Development of Fatigue Design Procedures for Slender, Tapered Support Structures for Highway Signs, Luminaries, and Traffic Signals Subjected to Wind-Induced Excitation from Vortex Shedding and Buffeting
- Developing an Effective Construction Training Program for Hispanic Supervisors and Craft Workers, Phase 4
- Appropriate Traffic Calming Techniques for Small Iowa Communities (TR-523)
- The Effectiveness of Iowa's Automated Red Light Running Enforcement Programs (RLR, Phase 2)
- Temporary Traffic Control and Enforcement of Traffic Laws in Closed Road Sections
- Asset Management Strategies to Mitigate Freeway Work Zone Congestion