Papers/presentations are listed in reverse chronological order by date. To read pdf files, download the free Adobe Acrobat reader.
- Where Have We Been, How Do We
Get to the Next Level, and Making Asset Management a Reality (426k
PowerPoint file), Transportation Asset Management Task Force Meeting,
TRB Mid-summer meetings, Providence, Rhode Island, July 2002.
- Evaluation of Work Zone Speed Reduction Measures (PowerPoint file), a paper by Ali Kamyab, Tom Maze, Steve Gent, and Steve Schrock, presented at TRB in January 2001.
- Integrating Maintenance Activities into Pavement Management Systems (PowerPoint file), a poster paper by Omar Smadi, Zachary Hans, and Aemal Khattak, presented at TRB in January 2001.
- The Benefits and Impacts of Roadway Access Management (PowerPoint file) by David Plazak, presented at the 2000 APA Upper Midwest Regional Planning Conference, Duluth, Minnesota, August 2000
- Comprehensive Access Management Plan Development (PowerPoint file) by David Plazak, presented at the National Access Management Conference, Portland, Oregon, August 2000
- Identification of Access Management Problem Corridors with Missouri DOT Crash Data and USGS Land Cover Data Overlay (PowerPoint file) by David Plazak, presented at the National Access Management Conference, Portland, Oregon, August 2000
- Before and After Analysis of Two-Way Left-Turn Lane and Driveway Consolidation Access Management Project Along South Duff Ave. in Ames, Iowa, Completed Fall 1994 (PowerPoint file) by David Plazak, presented at the National Access Management Conference, Portland, Oregon, August 2000
- GIS Crash and AADT Data Overlayed on Aerial Photography (PowerPoint file) by David Plazak, presented at the National Access Management Conference, Portland, Oregon, August 2000
- Converting Four-Lane Undivided Roadways to a Three-Lane Cross Section: Factors to Consider (pdf file) and abstract (pdf file) by Keith Knapp, presented at the 69th Annual ITE Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada, August 1-4, 1999. This paper was prepared for the ITE 1999 Annual Meeting and is published here with permission from ITE.
- The Impact of Access Management on Business Vitality Along Corridors (PowerPoint file) by David Plazak, presented at the TRB Workshop on Transportation Law, Seattle, Washington, July 1999
- The Benefits and Impacts of Roadway Access Management (PowerPoint file) by David Plazak, presented at the AASHTO Mississippi Valley Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, July 1999
- Making the Connection Between Value Engineering and Access Management (pdf file) by David Plazak, presented at AASHTO's National Value Engineering Conference, Branson, Missouri, July 1999.
- Use of Geographic Information Systems to Explore and Communicate Transportation and Land Use Relationships in Iowa (pdf file) by David Plazak, Mark Nelson, Tim Strauss, and Dawn Roberts, presented at the US Department of Agriculture's Keep America Growing Conference (a conference on urban development and farmland preservation), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, June 1999.
- The Conversion of Four Lane Undivided Urban Roadways to Three Lane Facilities (pdf file) by Tom Welch, Iowa DOT, presented at the TRB/ITE Urban Street Symposium, Dallas, Texas, June 28-30, 1999.
- Development of an Automated Crash-Location System for Iowa (pdf file) by Reg Souleyrette and Dan Geisman, presented at AASHTO's GIS-T, San Diego 1999
- Iowa Pavement Management Program Database: Integration and Delivery (pdf file) by Omar Smadi, Zachary N. Hans, and Tom Maze, presented at TRB in January 1999
- The Difficult Nature of Minimum VMA: A Historical Perspective (pdf file) by Brian Coree and Walter P. Hislop, presented at TRB in January 1999
- HMA Volumetrics Revisited--A New Paradigm (pdf file) by Brian Coree, presented at TRB in January 1999
- Structural Adequacy of Rubblized PCC Pavement (pdf file) by Khaled A. Galal, Brian J. Coree, John E. Haddock, and Thomas D. White, presented at TRB in January 1999
- Simulation Modeling of Electronic Screening at Weigh Stations (pdf file) by Alireza Kamyab, Tom Maze, Mark Nelson, and Bill McCall, published in the Transportation Research Record, No. 1613, 1998.
- From Concept to Reality: Advanced Technology and the Highway Maintenance Vehicle (pdf file) by Duane Smith, presented at the Twelfth Equipment Mangers Workshop, Austin, Texas, August 3-5, 1998
- A Brief Overview of the States Successful Practices Weigh-in-Motion Handbook (pdf file) by Bill McCall, presented at the 2nd European Conference on Weigh-in-Motion of Road Vehicles, Lisbon, Portugal, September 14, 1998
- Developing Iowa's Statewide Pavement Management Program by Omar G. Smadi and Tom H. Maze, prepared for the 4th International Conference on Managing Pavements, Durban, South Africa, May 1998
- GIS-ALAS: The Integration and Analysis of Highway Crash Data in a GIS Environment (pdf file) by R. Souleyrette, T. Strauss, M. Pawlovich, and B. Estochen, presented at the Geographic Information Systems for Transportation Symposium, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, Salt Lake City, Utah, April 20-22, 1998
- The Impact of Access Management on Business Vitality (PowerPoint file) by David Plazak, presented at TRB, Washington, D.C., January 1998
- Design and Development of a Prototype Commercial Vehicle Operator Information System by T.H. Maze, Christopher Albrecht and Marilyn Kuntemeyer, prepared for presentation at the 4th World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems, Berlin, Germany, October 21-24, 1997
- Iowa's Pavement Management Program Database: Issues and Design Considerations by Zachary N. Hans, Omar G. Smadi, Tom H. Maze, Reginald R. Souleyrette, and Jon L. Resler, prepared for the Iowa Pavement Management System, Eight AASHTO/TRB Maintenance Management Conference, Saratoga Springs, N.Y., July 1997
- Commercial Vehicle Operations (CVO) Electronic Screening System for the State of Missouri - Implementation through Current ITS Technologies by Bill McCall and Marilyn Kuntemeyer, prepared for the ITS America Seventh Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., June 2-5, 1997
- Selection of Automated Pavement Distress Evaluation Technology: Iowa DOT Case Study by Omar G. Smadi, Brian R. McWaters, Kevin B. Jones, Robert L. Gumbert, Randall M. Krauel, and T.H. Maze, prepared for possible presentation at the 1997 Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board