Iowa LTAP has moved from CTRE to the Institute for Transportation
2000 Technology News
All the files below are in pdf format. To read pdf files you must have a copy of the Adobe Acrobat reader, which you can download free.
- Ground speed applicators ease winter maintenance
- Snowplowing tips from a couple of old hands
- Removing snow traps with one person and one machine
- How are we doing? You rate our training
- Building steel beam precast unit bridges
- The process for developing an asset management system
- Sioux Center wins safety award
- Tip from the field: installing steel sign posts
- New library coordinator
- CTRE welcomes new employees
- Statewide urban standards offer many advantages
- Stan Ring dies
- A tribute to Stan Ring
- Computer expertise: meet Nick Burdine
- Access management info coming
- The Iowa Strategic Highway Safety Plan: an update
- Traffic safety sheets: a tool for transportation professionals
- Putting a stop to red light running
- Iowa study of red light running
- Slow down work zone traffic
- Motor grader and snow plow roadeos a success
Beginning with this issue, all articles are available as individual *pdf files.
- New, bigger, better Expo is coming
- Lasso a prize at Iowa's snow plow and motor grader "roadeos"
- Expo success stories
- Work zone safety products
- Midwest states study work zone safety products
- Why the focus on work zone safety?
- Other new safety products
- The importance of NCHRP Report 350
- Would you like to try speed humps in your community?
- PCC pavement texture that provides traction without noise
- GASB 34: establishing a value for infrastructure assets
- GASB 34 is only one reason to capitalize your transportation infrastructure
- Salvaging railroad flatcars as low-cost bridges
- East and west: Iowa is bordered by new National Scenic Byways
- CTRE welcomes new writer/editor
- Tip from the field: eliminating leaning sign posts
- WWI trucks and Iowa's highway commission
- How new storm water rule will affect city and county transportation agencies
- Background of EPA's Phase II storm water rule
- Entities affected by Phase II storm water rule
- Phase II and "no exposure" certification
- GASB 34: the "modified reporting approach" as part of an asset management system
- Why roadside management?
- HF 2528 removes hurdles to exercising power of eminent domain
- Streamlining the construction project development process
- Implements of husbandry: the impact study
- Catch up on the latest in pavement markings
- A home for Iowa's transportation history
*To read pdf files you must have a copy of the Adobe Acrobat reader, which you can download free.